Retired life is supposed to be about doing all the things you didn’t have time to do when you were working. Unfortunately, for millions of Americans in assisted living and nursing home facilities, the dream of a vibrant retirement has been taken away by administrators who don’t understand what it means to be retired. At The Windham Senior Living in Fresno, California, we’re working hard every day to make the experience of being retired everything you ever thought it could be! At the heart of these efforts are our programs, which are focused on making retired life exciting and enjoyable. Here’s a little information about our dining program, and Vibrant Life®, the innovative approach we use to enrich our residents lives.
Dining at The Windham Senior Living
At The Windham, we serve freshly prepared, nutritious meals three times per day in our gorgeous dining room. Our Culinary Services Director works tirelessly to bring you signature dishes made from fresh ingredients on par with your favorite restaurants. You’ll even have lots of choices, selecting from the chef’s daily specials or picking something you like from our alternative choices menu.
Vibrant Life® at The Windham Senior Living
We’ve identified seven core components to enhance and enrich the lives of our residents, a program we call Vibrant Life®. By placing an emphasis on these core components, we hope to help our residents live a well-rounded life full of meaningful experiences while under our care.
- Be Inspired – Inspiration is what motivates us to do, to create, and to derive meaning from life. At The Windham, we try to inspire our residents every day by giving them opportunities for meaningful social interaction, stimulating activities, and diverse experiences that take life to the next level.
- Be Well – In order to take life to the fullest, you need a solid foundation of physical wellness. Our staff emphasizes wellness by not only promoting physical fitness and healthy eating choices, but by focusing on mental health as well.
- Be Challenged – Personal growth doesn’t have to stop just because you’re retired. At The Windham, we try to provide ample opportunities for our residents to learn new things and challenge themselves, bringing a sense of accomplishment that makes every moment exciting.
- Be Adventurous – It’s never fun to get stuck in a routine. That’s why we encourage our residents to be adventurous while we provide them with new experiences in a safe setting.
- Be Family – We like to think of The Windham Senior Living as a family. As part of our family, you’ll strengthen your existing relationships while meeting new and interesting people who help foster a sense of community.
- Be Social – A big part of building a vibrant community is the social interaction that helps people connect and understand each other. At The Windham, you’ll never feel alone as you make rewarding interactions with staff and fellow residents.
- Be Connected – Of course, living a fulfilling life isn’t just about connecting with the people around you; it’s also about being part of a larger community. We encourage our residents to reach for more through advocacy and intergenerational engagement that allows them to share their experiences and expertise to make the world a better place.
If you’re interested in living the Vibrant Life® at The Windham Senior Living, we’d love to hear from you! Give us a call at (559) 399-2567 for more information or fill out our online contact form today!